Source: News story The Huron Expositor, 1940-09-13, Page 4. regarding his appointment to hospital.
Brother, Samuel Wilfred Dougall. reg. no. 654190 joined the 161st Battalion two days after Roswell.
Record of Marriage
13768-27 Roswell Percival Ingram DOUGALL, 31, doctor of medicine, Hay Twp., Hensall, s/o William DOUGALL, b. Ontario & Isabella MACLAREN, married Ann Marion BROWN, 22, doctor of medicine, Lambton Co., Edys Mills, d/o John BROWN, b. Ontario & Ethel STEPHENSON, witn: M.C. FLETCHER of Exeter & Mona BROWN of Edys Mills, 14 Jun 1927 at Edy Mills.
Dr. Ross P. Dougall, of Petrolia, who offered his services in the second great war, has been notified that his application has been accepted. Dr. Dougall will be in charge of the new military hospital in Chatham being erected in connection with the Government training scheme.
Dr. Dougall has a distinguished military career. During 1917-18 he served with the 18th Battalion in France for twenty months and received his honorable discharge as a Lieutenant. Born in Hensall, a son of Mr. and Mrs William Dougall, he spent the greater part of his life here, and enlisted here. During his pre-med days at the University of Western Ontario, 1922-25, he was second in command of the medical company of the Canadian Officers Training Corps. He was officer commanding ‘D’ Company of the Huron Regiment from 1925 to 1930. His present job is a C.A.S.F. appointment to the R.C.A.M.C. with the rank of Captain. He will be in complete charge of the new 30 bed hospital.
Since going to Petrolia from Hensall where he was a very popular physician for a number of years he has taken an active part in civil affairs. He is a past president of the Lawn Bowling Club, past district deputy of the Knights of Pythias and a staunch supporter of Petrolia sporting clubs. Dr. Dougall will leave for his new position on September 20th. His wife, the former Dr. Marian Brown, and graduate of medicine from the University of Western Ontario, will continue to reside in Petrolia and will carry one the practice.
Source: The Huron Expositor, 1940-09-13, Page 4.