Source: Bruce Remembers
Series of blog articles available regarding this soldier due to the wealth of material available at Bruce Remembers.
- He Was a Young Lad Frightened and About To Go “Over the Top”: A Simple Biography of Private A.E. Blue
- We Shall Not Forget to Pray for Him: News reaches home in Paisley, Ontario regarding the condition of Private Blue
- It is nothing but hell on earth out there, and I know it.: A Letter From Private Blue
- The Wounds of Private Blue
- The Postcards of Private Blue to Miss Ella Mitchell, A Teacher in Paisley
- A Swim Binds Two Soldiers in Time
“Alexander Edward Blue married in England to Alice L Pratt in 1917. They had a son born Alexander Edward Blue in 1917. He arrived back in Canada with his wife and son on the Adriatic in September 1919. The couple was living in Elderslie, Ontario in the 1921 Canadian Census.
Source: Annette Fulford via the 18th Battalion Facebook Group”