I will make every attempt to render a correct record of the war diaries but there are some limitations.
- Not all the pages of the war diary are reproduced such as the cover page and the page listing appendices after the diary title page.
- An effort to maintain the same formatting of words will be followed.
- The war diaries in typed format are generally easy to replicate but please note that with the sheer mass of material I will be transcribing spelling errors of place names and people are bound to occur. Any errors are accidental and I encourage readers to comment about such errors and I will correct them.
- The war diaries in hand-written form are more problematic. In some cases the writing is hard to interpret or illegible but I will make every effort the interpret the entries and indicate in block brackets [ ] the areas where such interpretation is occurring.
- An attempt to maintain a consistent format will be important but changes and modifications to such formatting may occur from time to time.
- I will endeavour to link to the original source material were possible.
- Appendices and other material will be included in the same post were possible. In some cases below the appropriate diary entry but sometimes at the end of the post.
- Since I am transcribing someone else’s unedited work the errors in the work will be replicated. An effort will be made to reference current place-name usage for current reference purposes.
- My spelling is Canadian English based so favor really is spelled favour.